TomTom is the provider of unique products which help users in numerous ways. It is known to provide complete solutions for location tracking and area find. It provides devices for Cars, Trucks, Buses, and other vehicles that are available in the market. It offers a wide range of devices for the use of people and it is very important for every user to Update TomTom Car GPS so that they can utilize all the features of the device.
There are numerous methods to perform the process and to help the users in the process we have provided all the steps that would help them in the process without any hassle. All the steps provided are very unique and they provide complete solutions for the issues related to TomTom Car GPS. You can also visit our website where you would find all the solutions for the products related to TomTom GPS. You would also find all the steps to Update TomTom Maps.
Steps for TomTom Car GPS Update
It is a three-way process and by following all the steps you would get complete help in the process.
Step 1: You need to Update Un-connect Firmware
- You need to turn on your vehicle’s U-connect screen and then select Navigation on the device.
- Now, you need to click on Settings option
- After that, you must tap on System and then click on about
- Now, you need to write down the 10-digit Unit ID number
- As the process continues, you must visit Garmin.com/auto-update and select Firmware updates option
- Here, you must enter your vehicle’s 10-digit Unit ID number
- Now, select Submit and enter the Unit ID
- After that, on your vehicle’s U-connect screen, you must select the Navigation option.
- Here, you must click on Settings then click on Map
- Now, from the Menu Bars which will be available on the screen
- You must select Update Map
- After that, you must insert the USB drive into the vehicle USB port
- Once prompted, you need to remove the USB drive from the vehicle
- Now, you must insert the USB drive into your computer and select Read Media
- If you see the Updates available, click Download
- Once downloaded, you will be instructed to install the downloaded software.
- In case, your firmware is up to date, go to “Order Map Update”
- Now, you must remove the USB drive from your computer
- After that, you have to insert the USB drive into the vehicle USB port.
- You will see that the firmware update will begin automatically
- Now, you must follow the instructions to complete the firmware update
Step 2: You need to download the Maps
- For this, you need to open Navigation on your device
- After that, you must tap on Settings option and after that click on Map
- Now, you must click on Menu Bars
- Here, you need to select Update Map
- After that, you need to insert the USB drive into the vehicle USB port
- When asked, you need to remove the USB drive from the vehicle
- After that, you must insert the USB drive into your computer and select continue
- Now, you will be automatically connected to your map update content
- Once the order Confirmation page is shown, you must select Download
- As the process continues, you need to follow the steps and install TomTom Map Updater
Step 3: Now, you need to Load Maps
- Here, you must insert the USB drive into the vehicle USB port
- After that, you need to transfer the map data to your vehicle
- Now, you will see that the map update is complete when you see Where To/View Map screen option.
So, these are some steps that would help you in the process to perform TomTom Car GPS Update. All the steps are very unique and they provide complete solutions for the process, your issue will be solved instantly. In case, you face some kind of issue then you must visit our website and get complete solutions for the issues.