In today’s time, we all are involved in using vehicles for traveling from one place to another. We keep on exploring new things every day and GPS is a device which plays an important role in the complete adventures of exploring new things.
TomTom is a GPS providing company which helps the users in location finding and tells them about the new areas which they explore on a daily basis. It is necessary for the users to update TomTom Map on a regular basis so that it can provide them with the best solutions.
It is a trusted device used by some of the major automobile companies in the market such as AUDI, BMW, Mercedes Benz, and so on. By doing a regular TomTom Map Update the users of the device can move and explore new things and they can also have complete information about the roads and areas in which they are visiting for the first time.
The company fitted devices come with lots of features, all the features are provided is a user-friendly way and they also help the users in their choice of navigation. To help the users of the Tomtom in updating their Map in the TomTom GPS, we have provided some steps that would help them and provide an easy process of Map Update. Also, you can find more useful content on our website where you will find easy steps required to Update a TomTom One XL.
Steps to Update TomTom Map
- To start with the process of TomTom map Update, a user must connect with the laptop or computer. You have to use the USB to connect the device with the laptop.
- This is a primary step which you should start with as you need to select some file which you need to download and install before starting the process of Update.
- Now select My Drive in the laptop so that all the maps can be saved a spot easily.
- Once the process of update starts, you will see that there are numerous updates available on your TomTom device but you need to select any one of them and then start with the process of the map update.
- To select any of them, search for the TomTom Map Update from the list and start with the process. To start, click on Get Items option on the screen.
- If the device shows the there are two kinds of updates available i.e. Maps and Navigator updates then, it is recommended that you download and install the Navigator maps at first and then move to the next process which is updating TomTom Map.
- As you find the update for the device maps and you are ready to update the device then you need to download the updates in your system. Once the updates are downloaded, they will be saved in your drive.
- Click on the updates from your drive and continue with the process of installing the updates in the TomTom device.
- It would take some time in installing the maps on the device and once it does you need to start the device to check if the updates are working properly.
- It would take some due to the buffering which will be clearly stated on your device’s screen.
- As you are sure that the device is fully updated with the recent Map Update for TomTom then you can move to the next step.
- In this step, you will have to start your device and check if the update has been completed successfully or not.
- Switch on the device and configure it if the device asks for it.
So these are some of the steps which you can follow to Update TomTom Map on your GPS device. In case you face some kind of problem in the process then you must visit our website as we have published many useful blogs to help our useful visitors with best assistance. Some of these blogs can also help you to fix TomTom 148 Error issues as well as you can follow easy steps required for TomTom Go 620 Maps Update comfortably.